I graduated with a psychology major from the University of Texas. Why people do what they do is interesting to me. When BlogHer asked me to check out ArchetypeMe.com I couldn’t resist. I’ve always been a sucker for personality quizzes in the backs of magazines, people watching at the airport, and if you’ve ever met me… you know I love to ask questions! So far, I’ve just briefly looked at the site. Basically, an archetype is defined as a pattern of behavior, and answers the question, Why do we do what we do? I am going to write a before and after post about the new site. For the 1st post, I have been asked to discuss who I think I am.
The following are 7 traits that I’m pretty sure anyone who knows me would agree with:
- organized (I like lists and everything to have a place, it just makes me feel better. My current living situation is making me a wee bit crazy!)
- curious (Andy likes to call me nosey, but curious is so much nicer! If there is a sign that says don’t touch, I touch it. oopsie. And I’d love to get a college degree in everything! Oh yea, and I ask a ton of questions, and get people’s life stories quickly and often. I like stories.)
- creative (I feel like my curiosity makes me creative. I always want to make what I see or use what I’ve got to make things that I saw.)
- rule breaker (If no cars are coming, why do I have to wait for the walk sign? I like to ask for forgiveness! This also goes back to me wanting to touch things that say, “Don’t touch.”)
- punctual (Unless I’m with Andy; he does not have a sense of urgency like me.)
- the opposite of patient (I’ve been trying to work on this, but I like things done yesterday : / )
- helpful/nurturing (I don’t like that word… nurturing, but people call me that. I just want everyone to be happy, peaceful, and feel good. Oh, and I want to solve your problems.)
Who are you? Whatís your archetype? Discover now by taking a short quiz on: www.ArchetypeMe.com
In the next post, I’m going to spill the beans about what exactly ArchetypeMe.com says about me! Should be interesting!
And now for the giveaway! To be entered for a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card and a copy of Archetypes: Who Are you? book, signed by author, answer this question in the comments section below: Why do you think itís important to really know who you are?