Hello C.R.A.F.T. lovers,
- 2 pillow forms 18×18 – I make mine from scratch but you can buy them at any craft store
- 2 yards of fabric in 44″ wide – I used moleskin because it has a bit of stretch it is very soft and doesn’t wrinkle which is a bonus for throw pillows.
- Coordinating thread or invisible thread
- Ruler and fabric marking device – chalk, pencil or marker
- Sewing machine (best with fence attachment)
- Scissors, pins and other basic sewing supplies
Remove the selvage then cut your fabric in half lengthwise this will yield 2 long rectangles about 21 inches wide
Tape it to your cutting table with painter’s tape, especially if you use stretchy fabric
Mark a grid 2×2 leaving 6 inches unmarked on one end and 18 on the other end. This is the part where you need to be fussy and precise.
Iron each short line to mark the pleats
Set your sewing machine fence to 1/2 inch
Fold and sew along each pleat
Iron as flat as possible
Sew along the line lengthwise every other line
Iron the pleats in the reverse directions
Sew along the skipped lines
Hem each end
Pin the fabric right side in with the short flat on top of the long flat
Sew the sides leaving 1/2 in sewing allowance
Wash to remove the marks
Put your pillows inside the pillowcases
Put your feet up and enjoy !