I told ya I had a fun surprise this afternoon! Free craft supplies is pretty much my favorite thing ever. One C.R.A.F.T. reader will win of all this:
Mod Podge prize pack was donated by Plaid and includes some brand spakin’ new products that were just introduced in May 2012! Be among the first to test them out! The prize pack includes:
- Mod Podge Rocks! Book By: Amy Anderson
- Mod Podge Wash- Out for Kids
- Mod Podge gloss
- Sample set of 6 Mod Podge formulas
- Mod Podge photo transfer medium
- Mod Podge craft glue
- Mod Podge repositionable glue
Did you have any idea that there are 9 formulas of Mod Podge and counting. Crazy town. The book, Mod Podge Rocks! by Amy Anderson (of the crazy popular blog, Mod Podge Rocks) shows you step by step how to make 40 + fancy things with mod podge. She also thoroughly describes the results of each of the 9 formulas and gives you basic techniques for this must have crafting product. I know your curious… the 9 formulas are:
- dimensional magic
- gloss mod podge
- matte mod podge
- satin mod podge
- hard coat mod podge
- fabric mod podge
- paper mod podge
- sparkle mod podge
- outdoor mod podge
I was reading my new book before bed, and Andy asked, “what is that stuff?” Well, Andy, it’s “only the greatest decoupage medium on earth!” The he asked, what’s decoupage? At least he is curious about my books, right? Here is the mod podge definition for all the Andy’s who (probably don’t) read C.R.A.F.T. it’s, “glue that holds tight and dries clear for adhering paper, fabric, and other porous materials to almost any surface”. Basically, it’s a miracle product that’s been sticking for 45 years! Here are 6 of the formulas photographed in the book…
I like the idea of fancy-ing up a step stool. Those things aren’t usually so cute, but super useful for high cabinets and closet shelves! Amy used wrapping paper and the hard coat mod podge formula for this project.
And my 3rd favorite project is the glowing mummy hand candy bowl… sounds scary, right? It’s the perfect candy bowl for Halloween.
It’s a fun, colorful book chock full of DIY delights. Mod Podge Rocks also includes projects form Amy’s crafty blog buddies (i.e. Jen from Tatertots and Jello and Heather from Dollar Store Crafts). Here’s that yummy looking prize pack one more time:
One last thing before the giveaway rules, did anyone else think mod Ppdge was modge podge? Or was that just me? Ridiculous, I know… I’ve seen a few mod podge bottles in my day!
- Leave a comment and tell me about a mod podge project you’ve done or want to do (one entry)
- Tweet, facebook, or blog about this giveaway and leave a comment letting me know you did. Use something like this: “@thecraftblog is giving away brand new mod podge goodies including the new book, Mod Podge Rocks! Enter here—-> http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/?p=9003″ (one entry)
- One winner will be picked via random.org
- Giveaway only open to C.R.A.F.T. readers in the U.S.A.
- Giveaway ends on 6/14/12 at 10pm (Central Time).
*I got an awesome free book for putting together this giveaway for you!