Note: This post in sponsored by Command Brand from 3M, but all opinions are my own.
Here’s a fun way to put together a festive, but super simple gallery wall. I know that creating gallery walls can be hard for some people, and I think it’s because some folks like a plan. This gallery corner wall is for you, my planning friends! It’s in a nice easy to see grid shape. On the left you have a lovely 3 x 4 grid and on the right you have a 3 x 3 grid. Now just start collecting frames and hanging!
Here’s what you need:
- Frames of various sizes
- Spray paint in various colors – this project uses yellow, turquoise and white
- Command™ Picture Hanging Strips in Small, Medium and/or Large, depending on the sizes of the frames
- A blank corner!
Here’s the gallery wall secret ingredient, and here’s the post where I gush about my Command™ Picture Hanging Strips love.
And here’s the boring, no fun, corner before it got a makeover…
And here is the corner gallery wall starting point.
1. Clean the wall surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry
2. Remove the Command™ Brand Picture Hanging Strips from the package and separate each strip. To form a set, connect two strips together until you hear a click.
TIP: If using medium strips, one set of strips is needed for a frame up to three pounds, two sets for frames up to six pounds, and four sets of strips needed for frames up to twelve pounds.
3. Remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the frame. Press the strip firmly against the back of the frame. Repeat with the remaining strips needed to hang the frame
4. Remove the remaining green liners from the strips adhered to the back of the frame
5. Position the frame on the wall and press the front of the frame against the wall for 30 seconds
6. Remove the frame by grabbing at the bottom corners and pulling up and out towards you. Half of the strip will be left on the wall, and half of the strip will be left on the frame.
7. Wait one full hour before remounting the frames to the wall.
You can make the frames any color or colors you’d like! Spray paint is your friend.
Here’s the grid in action. I decided to do 3 evenly-ish spaced rows. Don’t forget to take the glass out of a few frames and play with the idea of framing a frame or get really crazy and frame 2 frames, ha! Tip: I like things in odd numbers, so if you notice, I have 7 colored frames, 3 turquoise and 4 yellow all mixed in with the white frames.
Here’s the wall in progress:
And here’s a night time shot:
Oh and one more tip, for tiny frames, don’t be scared to doodle in something cute or write a simple word, like this little cookies and milk doodle:
Have you ever done a corner gallery wall? Have you ever used Command™ Brand Picture Hanging Strips? Like I said, I’m obsessed with those things. They are greatness for renters and home owners alike! They make hanging pictures easy peasy and, of course, no holes in your wall is a major plus! Here are some tips and tricks for making gallery walls, here are some floor to celling gallery walls I adore, and here is the giant gallery wall we had in our Florida living room.
If you would like to learn more about Command Products and see more ideas on how you can use Command Picture Hanging Strips in your home you can visit their web site – Command.com Follow them on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.