So the kiddos are about to go trick or treating and bring home, excuse my french, butt loads, of candy. What do you do with all of that candy? I remember the insane amounts of candy my brothers and sisters and I used to bring home, it was crazy town. There is no way any family should eat 26 pounds of candy! I’ve rounded up 44 candy recipes and crafts that anyone can make with the Halloween candy surplus! Plus a few other fun things to do with leftover Halloween candy like send it to our troops, save it for ginger bread house making, or make business cards with it!
17 ways to use candy in crafts
4. Save it for decorating ginger bread houses
12. Oreo turkeys
15. Decorate a cake (and bring it to a nursing home, police station, or fire station!)
16. Make candy sushi
17. Make business cards (tutorial coming soon!)
14 ways to use candy in recipes
2. Chex Mix
9. Deep fry a Snickers bar, because you can.
14. Skittles vodka
12 other interesting ways to downsize your Halloween candy stash
1. Sell you candy to your dentist! Most dentist pay $1 per pound of candy that you bring in. If you live in the Austin area, here is a great resource of dentists who participate!
2. Send it to Operation Gratitude… This candy will get sent to our troops in care packages! How awesome is that?!
3. Freeze it! You can add a few pieces of candy to milkshakes, ice cream, or cookies throughout the year!
4. Add a chocolate (or 3) to your morning cup of jo!
5. Bring it to your office and share!
6. Send some snail mail packages to college age kids in your family!
7. Send candy to Operation Shoebox. They also send care packages to our troops!
8. Use candy as BINGO pieces!
9. Save some to make s’mores all winter long! A Resses Peanut Butter Cup makes a s’more magical. True.
10. Donate your wrapped Halloween candy to The Ronald McDonald House!
11. Use candy to teach little ones estimation, patterns, sorting, graphing, or word problems!
12. Do sink versus float test with your candy!