Happy 6 months here on Earth sweet baby Maxwell! (I seriously can not believe that we went through this 6 moths ago!) I feel so lucky to be your mama! 3-23-14 is forever a very special day in our lives…. we became parents to the most perfect baby for us! In honor of your 1/2 a year with us, Dad and I are going to feed you lots of milk, take you on multiple stroller rides, lay on the hammock with you and let you feel and touch the grass for as along as you want. Oh and of course watch you crawl around and help you pull up on everything in sight! (It will be very different from what we do everyday, ha!)
Another side note: I’ll be sharing how I made my chalkboard calendar wall sometime soon-ish!
After 6 months with my sweet little nugget, I put together a list of things I know you need for baby! Things not to forget about on your baby shower checklist! These might not be the most exciting baby gifts, but they are things that you will use all. of. the. time. with baby! I personally have and use most of these specific items, and they are all things that can easily be overlooked on a baby registry. (I’ve included some affiliate links to specific products I use on Amazon!)
Another fun thing: You can win five of these items today on instagram!
1. Sound machine: We use the ocean sound like it is nobodies business. Since it is only the 3 of us, I like that he has learned to fall asleep with noise in the background.
2. Swaddle blankets: Essential for when baby is little, and these Aden and Anis ones are perfect for the hot Texas weather. Although we don’t swaddle anymore, we still use these as a light blanket in the crib or car. They are also great to travel with beacuse they are so thin and small.
3. Diapers and wipes: Register for these in all sizes, y’all! These giraffe diapers are extra cute and would make giving diapers even cuter!
4. Bottle brush: Another essential item. I love this one because it stands up! Go ahead and register for 2 of these bad boys!
5. Mirror for car seat: One of my favorite things! I did no register for one, and ended up buying it when Maxwell was about 2 weeks old.
6. Crib waterproof matress pad: Gotta protect that expensive crib matress!
7. Travel changing station: We use this one all. the. time. Airports, public bathroom changing tables, picnic tables, back seat of the car. But, this one folds up and really doesn’t take up much room at all.
8. Infant toys: Maxwell had no toys for the first 2 months of life. I know, what a horrible mom! I just didn’t even think about it! I love this inch warm because each one of it’s parts has a different texture and sound, it’s so cute, colorful, and Maxwell loves it! Oh and don’t forget about Sophie the Giraffe! Something about those skinny legs that baby can grip on to makes this toy the best thing ever.
10. Detect alcohol in breast milk strips: Because you might want a drink or 2! These things will let you know if you need to pump and dump or if your breast milk is A-ok. They are very simple to use and you can tell in 2 minutes if your milk is good or bad.
11. Breastmilk cooler: Wether your breasfeeding, pumping, or using formula… you need one of these!
Mama’s, anything else I forgot? What items did you forget to add to your registry? Win FIVE of these items today on instagram–> ENTER HERE!
More baby tips:
- 11 gift ideas for new moms
- 15 things I’ve learned about newborns
- 8 things they don’t tell you about childbirth
- You know you’re a new mom if…
- 8 tips for new dads